At the last Ordinary Meeting of the Association it was agreed to accept the offer from the Minister for Planning to provide a detailed briefing on the implementation of the recently approved West Melbourne Structure Plan.
The Ministry for Planning recommended that the City of Melbourne should also be invited as they will have responsibility for the implementation of the scheme at a local level. The members and friends present considered the presentation worthwhile as it had a direct impact on our community and many had been part of the consultation process.
It is proposed that the urban planners make a presentation, say ten minutes, and questions and comments on the future implementation would follow. Then we would continue on with the Ordinary Meeting, see Agenda below.
The meeting is on Monday 30th May 2022 at 7.30pm and will be conducted over Zoom: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81912441407?pwd=WFJSdlpqWjV6L0lndFkyWW9ibEZ3Zz09
- Welcome by Chair Kevin Chamberlin and apologies.
- Presentation by the Ministry for Planning and the City of Melbourne.
- Confirmation of the minutes of the previous Ordinary General Meeting. The unconfirmed minutes will be circulated prior to the meeting.
- Committee (Executive) report by Chair.
- Treasurer’s report.
- Reports from representatives on outside organization:
- Melbourne underground – Peter Gerrand.
- Western Distributor/Wurundjeri Way sound barrier/Department of Transport – PeterGerrand/Janet Graham/Mary Masters. Peter Gerrand’s report below.
- PCCC – Jan Lacey.
- Moonee Ponds Creek – John Widmer.
- Molesworth/Haines Streets housing and school development – Duncan Roach.
- Arden Precinct Planning Panel – Kevin Chamberlin.
- CORBA – Bill Cook.
- Resident groups representatives meeting with Lord Mayor – Janet Graham, Peter Gerrand and Mary Masters.
- Discussion on emails circulated recently.
- General business. (for items to be considered here, 48 hours notice is required to the chair of the association of the intention to raise an issue with a brief description.)
- Meeting closure